Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day & My First Day of Work in 6 YEARS & A Store Announcement!




                              Happy Valentine's Day!
Tuesday was a very busy day! Valentine's Day is not usually celebrated in our house, nothing against the holiday but it is just a commercialized day. There shouldn't be one day a year for your special someone to make you feel special, or one day for you to make someone else feel special. The best days are the days when someone makes you feel and it is a total surprise. Anyways, today was a good day! I got a job that I totally didn't expect to get and today was my first day. Now it has been almost 6 years since I have "worked". *disclaimer, I have been an at home mom and a homemaker. I also started my online store this last year! So I guess I have been working. Working so much I can finally say my business is now consistently paying my mortgage!  This is such a HUGE accomplishment for my family! Also February 14th is Oregon's Birthday! Here are some fun Oregon Facts!
1.Oregon has more ghost towns than any other state.
2. Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States. It was formed more than 6,500 years ago. Its crystal-blue waters are world renowned.
3. Discovered in 1874 the caves located in Oregon Caves National Monument are carved within solid marble.
4. Eugene was the first city to have one-way streets.
5. At 8,000 feet deep Hells Canyon is the deepest river gorge in North America.
6. Oregon and New Jersey are the only states without self-serve gas stations!
7. The world's tallest barber shop pole stands in Forest Grove, Oregon.
8.Oregon is home to the world's shortest river The D River is only 121 feet long.
 Okay Okay back to business!!!!!

Now. . . I have my items in a couple local stores so if you are out and about be sure to check it out!
You can now find my items at local nail salon called A Show of Hands!  Which is on the corner of 6th and Savage St in Grants Pass! I have been getting my nails done here for 8 years! Crazy. They also have amazing tanning beds! I have such a hard time tanning my legs and she has a leg tanner that is AMAZING!!!  I just love it!!!
Also you can find my luggage tags at the Airport in Medford! We are just trying them out to see what happens, but I will be sure to keep you updated! I am excited for these adventures! 

Also I am moving from Etsy to Storenvy! I already love it! Click here to check it out! I am slowly going to be adding items! So keep checking back!  

Here are some pictures from our Tuesday (which happened to be valentines day)!


I made 20 of these and 15 smaller ones to fill my Valentine's day orders! I have tons of fun making these, but now that I will be working, I will have to cut back the number of orders I take! I wanted to thank everyone for you support!



Reed and I made these for his friends at school!

These came out adorable! Loved them! 


I spoiled my boys alittle and made the, heart shaped pancakes to start off there Valentine's Day! I think the boys enjoyed them!





 I hope everyone had a Happy Tuesday, Happy Valentine's Day, and Happy Birthday Oregon!


1 comment: