So here I sit, being totally busy and overwhelmed wondering what I want to accomplish this year. What are my goals for life, my blog, my business, my family? What projects to I want to accomplish? Last year we completed most of our goals for the year, so hopefully this year we will too. However I do have a pretty tall order! So here is my list for this year *disclaimer here.(I add tons of stuff to my list as the year goes, I have a never ending list. lol)
My #1 personal goal it to be more organized! yikes!!!
Let's start with my family and homestead goals and projects. I already spend almost every waking moment well and sleeping moment taking care and tending to my family. I wouldn't change it for the world. So this year my goals for my family are a little different.
- Plan the most awesome birthday parties for my soon to be 4 year old and my soon to be 2 year old. ( If you were following my blog last year then you got the see the awesome birthdays I put together last year. Reed had a Toy Story Birthday and Ryder had a Monsters Inc.)
- Do an awesome family vacation!
- Build the boys a totally awesome 2 story tree house!
- More date nights for the hubby and I
- Building my compost bins
- Raised beds and cute picket fence around them.
- FINALLY after a year of living here I am going to landscape!
- Clear a couple more acres.(we have 7 and have cleared 2 so far)
- Build and fence an area for a horse, so this time next year I can get my very own horse!
- Build a root cellar
- Have my food storage complete
- So the list will go on and on, so we will leave room to fill in some more as the year goes on!
Goals for my Blog
- Blog more often, once every couple weeks isn't enough. :) With all the projects I listed above, I should have tons to blog about!
- Feature my favorite blogs and shops!
- Beef up my recipe section (I am so bad about taking pictures while I am cooking)
- Keep everyone up to date as we slowly turn self sustainable. Building our compost bins, raised garden bed, food storage, root cellar, ect.
- Hopefully by the end of the year my blog will be 100x better and I will be a better blogger!
- I want to expand my business to include my other kitchen accessories, like my hot pads, trivets and full aprons.
- My Mini CSA farm. Last year I grew vegetables for my friend Alex over at Alexandra Rose. Well it was the first garden at my new house and it wasn't all the great. I did get Alex her veggies every couple of weeks but it was not what I was used to! This year I am going to be putting in raised beds and planting a ton of vegetables, as I am going to be starting my own organic food storage. I will grow veggies for a couple friends this year, and I am super excited to see how huge the difference is.
- Also last year I designed a few gardens for friends and family and this year I will be doing the same. More info on that later!
SO be sure to keep checking back to see what this year has in store for me and my family!!!