Sunday, January 15, 2012

2 weeks into the New Year!!

So here I sit, being totally busy and overwhelmed wondering what I want to accomplish this year. What are my goals for life, my blog, my business, my family? What projects to I want to accomplish? Last year we completed most of our goals for the year, so hopefully this year we will too. However I do have a pretty tall order!  So here is my list  for this year *disclaimer here.(I add tons of stuff to my list as the year goes, I have a never ending list. lol)

My #1 personal goal it to be more organized! yikes!!!


Let's start with my family and homestead goals and projects. I already spend almost every waking moment well and sleeping moment taking care and tending to my family. I wouldn't change it for the world.  So this year my goals for my family are a little different.
  • Plan the most awesome birthday parties for my soon to be 4 year old and my soon to be 2 year old. ( If you were following my blog last year then you got the see the awesome birthdays I put together last year. Reed had a Toy Story Birthday and Ryder had a Monsters Inc.)
  • Do an awesome family vacation!
  • Build the boys a totally awesome 2 story tree house!
  • More date nights for the hubby and I
  • Building my compost bins
  • Raised beds and cute picket fence around them.
  • FINALLY after a year of living here I am going to landscape! 
  • Clear a couple more acres.(we have 7 and have cleared 2 so far)
  • Build and fence an area for a horse, so this time next year I can get my very own horse! 
  • Build a root cellar 
  • Have my food storage complete
  • So the list will go on and on, so we will leave room to fill in some more as the year goes on!





Goals for my Blog 
  • Blog more often, once every couple weeks isn't enough. :) With all the projects I listed above, I should have tons to blog about!
  • Feature my favorite blogs and shops! 
  • Beef up my recipe section (I am so bad about taking pictures while I am cooking)
  • Keep everyone up to date as we slowly turn self sustainable. Building our compost bins, raised garden bed, food storage, root cellar, ect. 
  • Hopefully by the end of the year my blog will be 100x better and I will be a better blogger!

My Business
  •  I want to expand my business to include my other kitchen accessories, like my hot pads, trivets and full aprons. 
  • My Mini CSA farm.   Last year I grew vegetables for my friend Alex over at Alexandra Rose. Well it was the first garden at my new house and it wasn't all the great. I did get Alex her veggies every couple of weeks but it was not what I was used to! This year I am going to be putting in raised beds and planting a ton of vegetables, as I am going to be starting my own organic food storage. I will grow veggies for a couple friends this year, and I am super excited to see how huge the difference is.
  • Also last year I designed a few gardens for friends and family and this year I will be doing the same. More info on that later!
SO be sure to keep checking back to see what this year has in store for me and my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment